Since IBM won’t sell me a POD activation code for my Power7 server I got second-hand dirt-cheap, and I wish to add a second CPU, I need a POD activation code for that second IBM Power7 CPU to activate and work. Even if IBM did sell me the code, it would be worth 10 to 20 times what I paid for the server.
So I trying to create an activation code – which looks something like this:
What I’ve figured out:
- The 00000008 part is how many cores I want to activate. I already have 8 cores activated (with the above POD code), but I want to activate another 8 cores for a second CPU I already have.
- The 0041 is a “sequence” number. I would need sequence 0042 for the second CPU (as seen on other IBM 2nd CPU activations)
- The 8368 if the “feature” as stated in IBM literature.
- The 416516B4CF1FD2E7 part looks like 8 hex numbers (that I would need to find out for the new activation).
- The last 11 should be a hex number that should represent a CRC or something, which I would also need.
All in all, I need:
I have gathered about 93 records from the internet with serial numbers and POD codes, some even for the same machine (2 POD codes, since 2 CPUs were activated).
I also believe the POD codes are generated with this info:
System type: 8202
System serial number: 10-E8B4P
Card type: 52C3
Card serial number: 01-018K007
Card ID: 1231064114D83590
So (real example):
Get transformed into:
I want to finally get: