I’ve been reading more than ever over the last five years, and I get a lot of questions about what I recommend. So here’s my official book list.
I’ll give one sentence about what each is about, but I won’t try to sell it to you. The sell for this list is the fact that I’ve read a couple hundred books over the last several years, and this is a numbered list of them, in the order that I recommend them.
Trust the ordering.
- Spent: Sex, Evolution, and Consumer Behavior — My favorite book on the merging of Evolutionary Psychology with marketing and personality.
- The Red Queen: Sex and the Evolution of Human Nature — This book taught me more science about human evolution and human nature than any other.
- Homo Deus: A Brief History of Tomorrow: An unmatched look at the history, present, and future of humanity.
- Hamilton: A remarkable biography that taught me more about America than I’d learned any other way.
- Naked Economics: This book completely changed what I understood to be economics, and fascinated me with it.
- Ready Player One:
- The Graveyard Book
- If you don’t like my fiction selections because they’re not as refined as my nonfiction selections, I preemptively agree with you. Let me know what I should read to improve the list.
- It’s harder than you think to put books in order like this, especially as you start going down in the list. If it helps, consider it a recommendation of what order to read them in, not a hard statement of ultimate objective quality.