EU mulls cutting over 20 Russian banks from SWIFT, banning Nord Stream in new sanctions, Bloomberg reports
submitted by /u/jackytheblade [link] [comments]
More results...
submitted by /u/jackytheblade [link] [comments]
Attack occurs hours after Russia and Ukraine begin prisoner exchange in deal seen as first step towards ceasefireRussia has launched a large-scale drone and missile attack on Kyiv, injuring 15 people in one of the biggest assaults on the Ukrainian capi…
Explosions were heard across the Ukrainian capital overnight.
submitted by /u/donutloop [link] [comments]
A 39-year-old woman is understood to have acted alone with no “political motive”, German police say.
A TOP Jay Slater investigator has claimed he has an audio recording key to the young Brit’s disappearance after accusing Spanish cops of ignoring evidence.
Mark Williams-Thomas – who worked on the Madeleine McCann case – conducted his own investigation after the 19-year-old went missing on the island of Tenerife in June last year.

Jay Slater, 19, died while on holiday in Tenerife[/caption]

Jay pictured with mum Debbie[/caption]

The detective accused Spanish police of failing to investigate a key piece of evidence he had in his possession as he posted a seven-minute video on X.
Mr Williams-Thomas claimed the evidence – an audio clip – could have helped shed light on Jay’s mysterious disappearance before he was tragically found dead.
The ex-cop claimed he told the Spanish investigators about the audio clip, but they “never came back” to him.
He made the revelations as the Jay case was reignited after a near-farcical inquest this week at Preston Coroner’s Court.
Key witnesses – including Jay’s two friends Lucy Law and Brad Hargreaves – who were with him the night before he vanished failed to appear.
The probe was adjourned as Jay’s brave mum Debbie Duncan made a desperate appeal for them to come forward.
Mr Williams-Thomas – who flew to Tenerfie last year to help hunt for Jay – hit out at the Spanish authorities and said he still sitting on a trove of evidence, including interviews with witnesses.
He offered to help both authorities in the UK and Spain to offer more closure to Jay’s heartbroken family.
Jay died after leaving an AirBnB where he stayed after a night out – with the inquest being told he suffered fall after setting out on a doomed hike back to his holiday accomadation.
But the circumstances of why he attempted the 10 hour walk home in blistering heat and the hours leading up to have death remain unclear and are the subject of feverish speculation.
Mr Williams-Thomas said: “I sent the information I had in an email to Spanish authorities.
“I told them I wasn’t able to share the audio recording at this point because I needed to explain to them how I had obtained it and also I was very conscious that it was highly sensitive and I didn’t want it just being shared all around.
“They’ve never come back to me.”
Mr Williams-Thomas revealed why he thinks the Spanish authorities ignored his tip during the search for Jay.
He said: “[Some countries] really don’t like working with the public to get information, they think they always know the answers”.
Apprentice bricklayer Jay travelled to the Spanish island in June to attend the NRG music festival in Playa de las Americas with two friends, Lucy Law and Brad Hargreaves.
The teen travelled to an Airbnb apartment in Masca with two men including Qassim in the early hours of June 17, before leaving at around 8am.
Jay, of Oswaldtwistle, Lancs, made a heartbreaking final call to his friend Law saying he had cut his leg, was lost, dehydrated and had just one per cent battery on his phone after he left the Airbnb.
Jay‘s disappearance and death remain largely cloaked in mystery and it is hoped that glaring gaps in his final movements will be filled after the inquest.
The inquest heard from three construction workers who said, via video link, they saw Jay on the main road through the remote village of Masca and he asked them about bus times.
He was attempting the treacherous 10-hour walk back to his apartment in Los Cristianos when he called Lucy to say he was lost.
DCI Rachel Higson, head of digital media investigations at Lancashire Police, told the hearing that Jay’s phone recorded “a lot of steps and inclines” between 7.59am and 8.49am.
His mobile last pinged in the mountainous Rural de Teno Park after Jay walked the wrong way from the Airbnb, and DCI Higson said there was “no data recorded” after 8.49:51am.


Jay’s mum Debbie Duncan pictured outside Preston Coroner’s Court[/caption]

Dad Warren Slater and brother outside the hearing[/caption]
After a month-long search, Jay’s body was found in a ravine on July 15 last year – near to where his phone last pinged.
A post-mortem examination concluded he died of traumatic head injuries, consistent with a fall from height.
Home Office pathologist Dr Richard Shepherd today told the inquest Jay suffered a “heavy fall from height” and the “devastating” effects would have been “immediate”.
On Wednesday night, Law’s family revealed she was simply on holiday on the very same island where Jay died.
They claimed she was also unaware that she had been called to give evidence at the inquest.
Speaking at the family home in Burnley, Lucy’s stepfather Andy Davis said: “We had no idea Jay’s inquest was even being held today.
“The police have only just been round today to say that she was due to give evidence. But it’s the first time we knew of it.”
He added: “They asked if Lucy was home and I said she was abroad and they asked me if I was aware that she should have been in court, and I said I wasn’t.”
“The police said they had sent Lucy paperwork with the dates on it, but the first I knew about it was when the police turned up earlier today.”
Sources in the Slater family later said they were aware where the other missing witnesses were, and had also been able to find them easily, according to the MailOnline.
By Katie Davis, Chief Foreign Reporter (Digital)
AS I stood in the sweltering, remote mountains of Masca, I was told the news Jay Slater’s loved ones dreaded – his body had been found.
But for his devastated family, it didn’t bring the closure they so desperately needed.
Now almost a year on, his grief-stricken mum, dad and brother have been subjected to yet more torment as an inquest into his death dredged up painful details of his disappearance – while lacking any actual answers.
Jay’s courageous mum Debbie Duncan opened up to me just weeks after his body was found about how she was tortured by not knowing what happened to her beloved son before he fell to his death.
I was humbled by the bravery she showed in the face of living every parent’s worst nightmare on the world stage – relentlessly hounded by mindless trolls.
Spineless witnesses failing to turn up to the hearing to provide crucial information is a kick in the teeth for Debbie and his already suffering family.
The 19-year-old went missing 11 months ago, and his body tragically discovered 29 days later.
So why after all these months has the court failed to bring together vital witnesses – including the two friends he was on holiday with?
After months and months of battling through their grief, the last thing Jay’s family needed was to face a farce of a hearing without the necessary witnesses.

Jay’s devastated mum Debbie beside his grave[/caption]

Israel is facing unprecedented pressure from allies over its war on Gaza. Can they force it to change its ways? CNNIsraeli official: We have U.S. backing in talks, Hamas will agree to end rule over Gaza HaaretzIsrael calling back …
The race for the Palme d’Or wound up with a return for two-time winners the Dardenne brothers, adding a slice of Belgian social realism to a politically charged 78th Cannes Film Festival that delivered strong contenders for the top prize but no outrig…
Man in custody after girl, 15, two boys, eight and four, and woman, 43, killed in house blaze in Brent’s Stonebridge areaA man has been arrested on suspicion of murder after a mother and three of her children were killed in a house fire in north-west L…
The Palestinian resistance group, Hamas, has denounced US congressman Randy Fine’s demand to nuke the Gaza Strip as an “incitement to genocide.”